Corscombe, Halstock and District Parish Council
Agenda for the Parish Council meeting 7.30pm on
Monday 27th September 2021
Meeting to be held at Halstock Village Hall. The Council respectfully asks for face masks to be worn until seated and social distancing to be observed.
It is with great regret that we have to inform you of the untimely death of Katharine Singleton-Smith. Katharine was a long serving and loyal member of the Parish Council, and a great servant of the community. Her considered judgment and invaluable contributions on Parish issues will be sorely missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family at this difficult time.
A minutes silence will be held at the start of the meeting.
Public period for comments on issues on the agenda
Reports from Dorset Council Councillor and police
- To receive and accept apologies and declarations of interest.
- To approve procedures being put into place for the election or co-option of a Halstock councillor to replace Katharine Singleton-Smith.
- To approve the draft minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 26th July (A).
Note: Amendment to Public period for comments – Adams Green
Note: Inclusion of full councillor’s names and abbreviations.
4. To discuss matters arising from the minutes not covered in this Agenda.
5. To note the statement of expenditure to date and bank reconciliation (B) and to approve the schedule of payments since the last meeting. (C).
- To receive an update regarding the Gym installation and approve the Leisure Development grant sign off. (Verbal) ES /TS
- To note receive a maintenance update (verbal) RH/TS
- Salt bin – to receive an update (verbal) TS
- Halstock speed gates – to receive an update (Verbal) TH
- Modification orders T634, T635, T637 (Verbal)Rights of Way group
- Highways update Adams Green (Verbal) TS
9. To consider and note planning applications and decisions. (D) TS
Note: Please can all councillors comment on planning applications even if it is to abstain.
10. To receive a training update TS
Please publicise availability of courses
11. Risk assessment feedback re insurance cover for Volunteers (E) working group RH, TS, ES. To approve Risk Assessment procedure.
- Correspondence to be discussed and noted. TS
- Listed buildings consent (F)
- Walking guides – to approve donations to cover costs (G)
- Stiles to gates – to approve expenditure to cover costs(H)
- DC Parking review update (I)
- Permission sought for clerk to be paid to maintain the Corscombe Village website, at no charge to the village
- Katharine’s walk – permission is sought for a budget of up to £100 to install a commemorative plaque on the Common Lane map board
- permission is sought for the transfer of funds from Common Lane Project Account, currently with HSBC to the Parish Council, to be held as a ring-fenced account.
- Binding of Parish Councils minutes May 2015 to May 2020
- Climate and ecology emergency action to be noted (Verbal)
- Progress on setting up tree plant project, publishing Dorset Green living initiative and other initiatives. (J) DCh
14. To consider urgent matters to report from members and items for the next meeting.
- Decision to adopt a PC logo for use on correspondence etc, as currently used on our website
- Date of next Council meeting 29th November 2021
Clerk to the Council: Tessa Safadi, Tel: 01935 891068