Corscombe, Halstock and District Parish Council
Agenda for the Parish Council meeting 7.30pm on
Monday 8th March 2021
Meeting by email correspondence and Zoom due to coronavirus movement restrictions.
Public period for comments on issues on the agenda
Any parishioner wishing to comment on agenda issues or to join the Zoom meeting can do so by informing the Clerk (contact details below).
Reports from Dorset Council Councillor and police
1. To receive and accept apologies and declarations of interest.
2. To approve the draft minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Monday 25.1.2021 (A).
3. To discuss matters arising from the minutes not covered in the Agenda.
4. To note the statement of expenditure to date and bank reconciliation (B) and to approve the schedule of payments since the last meeting. (C). TS
5. To report on the successful tender for the contract to supply Outdoor Gym Equipment at Corscombe Playground (D) ES and formation of a buffer zone (verbal). DR
6. To receive a report concerning progress with changing bank signatories and setting up electronic banking (verbal). TS
7. To receive a report on updates on village and playground maintenance issues as well to report on the progress of identifying companies to undertake playground equipment maintenance. (E). TS
8. To agree the wording for a formal response to the Dorset Council Local Plan from the Parish Council (F) HL
9. To consider and discuss planning applications and decisions. To send Dorset Council the Parish Councils response. TS
|WD/D/20/003275 – Porters Farm Higher Halstock Leigh Road Past Higher Halstock Leigh Dorset|
|Erection of agricultural barn – This application is not a planning application but a request for a legal determination of the Council as to whether or not Prior Approval is required for the proposal. FYI – Circulate by email|
WD/D/20/002919 – Meadow View Quiet Woman Public House To Portland Farm Halstock Dorset BA22 9SN
Demolish existing garage and erect new. Erect single storey side extension & erect veranda to rear elevation. Consultation ends 8.3.21 Council approved by email
10. To consider responses from councillors to mitigate risk on the Parish Council Risk Assessment for items that scored above 4 and to approve the Risk Assessment. (G) TS
11. To approve the following documents (H) TS;
- General Data Protection Regulation Policy (approval deferred from 11.1.21, addition of data audit procedure)
- Grant Award Procedure (approval deferred from 11.1.2, addition of a statement outlining the Council’s principles behind awarding grants)
- Social Media policy (new)
- Highways Notice(new)
Note changes to Data Protection Privacy Notice.
12. To receive a report on the progress of the Parish Council website (verbal). TS
13. To receive a Highways update regarding Halstock speeding fencing signage (verbal) NC and TH and salt bins (verbal), gritting and flooding at Corner of Mill Cottage. (verbal) TS
14. To receive a report on Litter picking – Jon Pentreath initiative. (I)
15. To consider Parish Council climate and ecological emergency action. DC
16. To approve the signing of licences for the Roman Villa land and Primrose corner. (J) HL
17. Corresponence TS
18. To consider urgent matters to report from members and items for the next meeting.
19. Date of next Council meeting and Annual meeting 24 May 2021.
20. To exclude public and press from the meeting due to the confidential nature of the next agenda item.
21. Annual Staff Appraisal (Confidential) HL
Clerk to the Council: Tessa Safadi, Tel: 01935 891068